Saturday, February 1, 2014

JUBILEE IN ILOCOS

Jubilee in Ilocos
          

         Kannawidan festival is considered now as our tradition here in Ilocos. It plays a very vital rule in our lives. This is considered now as our tradition because it is about 7 years in our lives now. Seven years of celebrating this kind of tradition.
          This festival starts from January 29 until February 3, 2014. Days run fast. I couldn’t just imagine that it is now again Kannawidan Festival. Well, I am very glad because of that. During the opening program of the said festival, I was there. There were lots of people. There was lot of students like me that comes from different schools. It is then the reason why the whole surroundings became very hot and crowded; I expected this because entire Ilocos is celebrating this.
 I was there for about 8:00 in the morning but unfortunately, it started for about 10 am. Our beloved Governor Ryan Singson was there together with Sir Jerry Singson and the guest speaker of today’s occasion, Senator Cynthia Villar. Governor Ryan Singson delivered his speech first followed by Sen. Cynthia Villar. Both of them talked about youths and also agricultures and different products here in Ilocos. I was very inspired in the messages of them and of course this serves as an inspirational message to my fellow youths.
There were really lots of activities on this festival. We could see different products in the different municipalities entire Ilocos. There were really lot of products and there are also food courts.
I am very happy to have this kind of festival. It makes me proud to be an Ilocano. I am proud to be from Ilocos Sur!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment